Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Rope Light Original

VROOM! Our ORIGINAL and very appropriate (for us) Christmas lights!

We have a blow-up Christmas decorations out front. It is not a snow globe, penguin, or package. It is a chopper riding Santa. He rocks and should have accessories to fit his fab style. So this year I purchased 24 feet of red rope light from Target and set to creating a phase to fit.

I could not find a rope light tutorial that fit my needs of any fonts useful to trace for my phrase. With zero guidance this is what I came up with.

Supplies:
  • 24 feet of red rope light
  • 3x7 sheet of peg board (mine is two sheets zip tied in a row as one)
  • wreath
  • general Christmas lights
This is a simple effort. with lots of zip ties and the long pegboard base raised off the floor create your word and zip tie the rope light down at various places along the run.   Boom... you have vroom!

I added the wreath for extra pizzazz  The peg board was great for fastening the rope light and can be temporary or permanent. We are lucky and the natural color matches our house and I don't care if it get weathered. We tweaked the letters a lot in the process and just snipped the zip ties for that letter section and reworked it. Next year I am making a second Vroom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment